- Previous music leading experience working with social as well as musical outcomes.Competency on at least one instrument/voice, appropriate repertoire and basic improvisation skills.
- Competency on at least one instrument/voice, appropriate repertoire and basic improvisation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Hospitals can be extremely challenging places to work due to the conditions of some of the patients and the high demands placed on staff. Applicants will need to be confident that they are able to work in this environment.
- Understand and explore the place of music in health settings and related ethical issues
- Identify and explore the theoretical and practical skills needed to work as a musician in health care settings
- Musical techniques and approaches (vocal and instrumental repertoire, appropriate instruments, improvisation)
- Spatial awareness and interaction with patients and families
- Working in partnership with health institutions and care staff
Refreshments: Tea and Coffee will be available, however to keep costs down we ask you to provide your own lunch
Application: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a form. This is to be completed by the 19th November 2012. Decisions will be announced by the 19th December